“Music in the Air”
is a year-round program, organized in conjunction with Chicago’s downtown festivals and holiday celebrations.
The popular program is original to Chicago and has led to similar live music programs at other airports around the country.
In 1998, the Department of Aviation, along with key individuals in the Chicago music scene, enlisted help from local labels, music organizations, clubs, bands and individual musicians to bring local artists’ recordings to O’Hare International Airport.
Friday, September 5, 2014
(Performances every 30 minutes)
(Near Door 1E)
M.A.D.D. Rhythms @ Millennium Park’s Family Fun Festival
August 7, 2014
Family Fun Festival @ Millennium Park
Chase Promenade North
M.A.D.D. Rhythms West: The BBF Crew
World Performance Team
The Pebbles Foundation
TAP @ American Rhythm Center
……….and many more
The Family Fun Festival presented by Target returns offering interactive activities, arts and crafts and games for kids of all ages. The 2014 Family Fun Festival schedule is below.
June 23 – August 24, 2014 • 10 am – 3 pm • FREE Admission
The Target Family Fun Festival returns offering interactive activities, arts and crafts and games for kids of all ages. The 2014 Target Family Fun Festival schedule is below.
Wiggleworms® at 10 am
Join the Wiggleworms® instructors from the Old Town School of Folk Music as they lead children in sing-alongs, circle dances and more.
Reading Circle at 11 am
Chill out with a story time that is sure to delight.
Family Performances at 1 pm
Enjoy a mix of live music and interactive dance performances that are sure to have you up on your feet.
10 am – 3 pm
Millennium Park, Chase Promenade North
201 E. Randolph St.
Chicago, IL 60601
Every aspect of Millennium Park was designed to be fully accessible to all patrons. The following services are available:
- Wheelchair loans in the Millennium Park Welcome Center, 201 E. Randolph Street
- Integrated spaces for wheelchair seating at the Jay Pritzker Pavilion
- Wheelchair accessible restroom facilities
- Assisted listening devices at the Jay Pritzker Pavilion Sound Booth
For travel information, visit www.transitchicago.org.
Power to Break Musical Celebration
Saturday March 29th at 4 – 6pm
Come and Join us. It will be awesome!
Special Guests include: M.A.D.D. Rhythms, Ade Williams,
David Davis, Stephen Johnson, New Beginnings Church, and Jerard Woods & Christian Heritage Community Ensemble.
Mistress of Ceremony -The Wonderful Dana Divine of WGCI
In celebration of Black History Month and the 50th anniversary of the 1964 Civil Rights Act, join us at Navy Pier for an afternoon of dance. Various styles of Black American Dances throughout history will be brought to life by the famed tap dance company, M.A.D.D. (Making A Difference Dancing) Rhythms. They will be joined by some of Chicago’s best professional dance companies including Ayodele Drum And Dance, FootworKINGZ, Hip Hop ConnXion as well as youth companies M.A.D.D. Rhythms West: The BBF Crew, Move Me Soul, Colored Girls Are Cover Girls, The World Performance Team and more.
CLICK 22 ABOVE
SCROLL DOWN TO 22
M.A.D.D. Rhythms’ is hosting a series of tap jams in 2014
and we want you there!
The TAP JAMS are our way of paying homage to the
of old and the traditions they set.
make us better
give us new ideas
help us communicate
allow us to express ourselves
show us where we came from and where we are going
are absolutely necessary to nudge your growth as a tapdancer!
American Rhythm Center
Join us on Friday, December 13 at the American Rhythm Center (ARC) to celebrate the season as a part of the Fine Arts Building’s annual holiday party (FAB).
Starting at 5:30, there will be free performances, an open rehearsal, and an hour-long tap jam. Refreshments will also be served at the ARC and throughout the Fine Arts Building. (FAB event is from 5pm to 9pm). Bring your friends and family and celebrate the holidays with us!
The ARC event will start with an open rehearsal with Duncan Dance Chicago at 5:30pm.
Tommye G. Inc.
Duncan Dance Chicago
Cerqua Rivera Dance Theatre
Alliance Dance Theatre
Gang of Toes
DMX Dance Company
Top Dancers From China and United States Square Off In
“Super Dancer Born Tonight.”
Featuring M.A.D.D. Rhythms
MGM Resorts International is bringing together 20 of the best American and Chinese competitive dancers on Friday, Oct. 18 to compete on stage for the title of best overall dancer in “Super Dancer Born Tonight.” The one-time broadcast special will be filmed at MGM Grand Garden Arena and will air throughout mainland China in January. The event is free and open to the public on a first-come, first-served basis.
Hot on the heels of the successful first season of “So You Think You Can Dance China,” “Super Dancer Born Tonight” will allow dance fans to experience a wide range of high-caliber talent as these artists face off genre to genre…ballroom vs. ballroom, hip-hop vs. hip hop, modern vs. modern, etc. The competition will be intense as they battle for the ultimate title of “Super Dancer.”
“Super Dancer Born Tonight” will broadcast on China Central Television-1 (CCTV-1), the national TV network of China. Representing the largest TV audience in its country, CCTV-1 covers 98% of the Chinese population. Star TV, the production company behind the special, is an industry leader, having created entertainment brands including “So You Think You Can Dance China,” “China’s Got Talent” and “The Voice of China.”
The United States and China each will be represented by 10 of their top dancers, including these talented performers:
• Russell Ferguson – Winner of “So You Think You Can Dance – Season 6,” the first American Krump dancer to win the title
• Melanie Moore – Winner of “So You Think You Can Dance – Season 8”
• Travis Wall – Runner-up of “So You Think You Can Dance – Season 2,” choreographer for Oscars
• Sasha Mallory – Runner-up of “So You Think You Can Dance – Season 8,” current dancer for American Idol alumnus Adam Lambert
• Tiffany Maher – Runner-up of “So You Think You Can Dance – Season 9,” appeared in the feature film “Step Up Revolution”
• Aoyue Zhang – Winner of “So You Think You Can Dance China – 2013”
• Shiyi Tang – Runner-up of “So You Think You Can Dance China – 2013,” multiple gold medalist in China National Dance Competition
• Fuyang Liu – Gold medalist of the Chinese Master Grade Dance Competition, actor and choreographer
In addition to crowning the top winner, the international judging panel will name a best male dancer and a best female dancer as well. Judges include:
• Carol Walker / United States – Dean of the Conservatory of Dance at Purchase College in New York since 1984. The Purchase Dance Corps has been invited to perform in France, Holland, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Beijing and Germany, often the sole representative of the United States.
• Fung Jun / China – Art director, choreographer and judge on “So You Think You Can Dance China” as well as five seasons of Dragon TV’s “Lets Shake It.” Jun has been the Owner/instructor of FANGZHAO Dance Institute in Shanghai since 2006.
• Donnie Burns MBE / United Kingdom – President of the World Dance Council and former professional ballroom dancer with the distinction of being undefeated in any competitive dance contest for nearly 20 years.
• Hanna Karttunen / Finland – Professional Latin American and Exhibition dancer also trained in ballet. Karttunen has won a variety of Latin American dance titles with former partner Paul Killick, including United Kingdom Open Champion, World Masters Champion, United Stated Open Champion, World Series Champion Asian Open Champion and British National Champion.
Tickets for this dance extravaganza are free to the public and are available only at the MGM Grand Garden Arena Box Office. The box office is open daily from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Seating for “Super Dancer Born Tonight” is limited and on a first-come, first-served basis. Tickets must be requested and picked up in person only.
About MGM Grand Garden Arena
The MGM Grand Garden Arena is home to concerts, championship boxing and premier sporting and special events. The Arena offers comfortable seating for as many as 16,800 with excellent sightlines and state-of-the-art acoustics, lighting and sound. Prominent events to date have included world championship fights between Evander Holyfield and Mike Tyson as well as Oscar de la Hoya vs. Floyd Mayweather and Floyd Mayweather vs. Canelo Alvarez; and concerts by The Rolling Stones, Madonna, Elton John, Bruce Springsteen, Paul McCartney, Bette Midler, George Strait, Justin Timberlake, Beyonce, U2, Lady Gaga, Bruno Mars, Coldplay, Alicia Keys, Jimmy Buffett and the Barbra Streisand Millennium Concert. The MGM Grand Garden Arena also is home to annual events including Academy of Country Music Awards, Billboard Music Awards, iHeartRadio Music Festival, Pac-12 Men’s Basketball Championship and the Frozen Fury NHL pre-season game hosted by the Los Angeles Kings.
About MGM Resorts International
MGM Resorts International (NYSE: MGM) is one of the world’s leading global hospitality companies, operating a portfolio of destination resort brands including Bellagio, MGM Grand, Mandalay Bay and The Mirage. The Company also owns 51% of MGM China Holdings Limited, which owns the MGM Macau resort and casino and is in the process of developing a gaming resort in Cotai, and 50% of CityCenter in Las Vegas, which features ARIA Resort & Casino. For more information about MGM Resorts International, visit the Company’s website atmgmresorts.com or find us on Facebook.